As per the recent statistics close to 35% of smartphone users are using the online medium for simple requirements like buying groceries. No one wants to get into the hassle of standing in long queues and waiting endlessly for getting basic items like fruits and veggies. Grocery mobile app development companies are gaining a lot of popularity in recent times. But have you ever wondered how easy is it to create a mobile app for grocery shopping?
There is a paradigm shift towards online services which heavy inclination towards mobile app for grocery shopping.
Let’s take you through this process in some detail and answer some common questions related to grocery mobile app development.
Let’s divide this process into four parts – Cost, Time and Resources and Flow of Development involved in grocery mobile app development:
This is an important aspect as you always have to keep a set budget for developing any business. Advanced features like In-App Chat and In-App Calling may seem very tempting but these entail additional costs that need to be kept in mind. These are the basic cost components in an App.
- Platform – Android is undoubtedly the most used platform these days followed by iOS. But with the rise of Tablets and Phablets, the apps need to be responsive to screens of various sizes and resolutions are very important.
- Development Team – If there is a precise amalgamation of HTML and CSS is required then App building can become a little expensive. Prices will also vary based on the class of developers and specialists that you have engaged in building the app.
- Maintenance & Upgrade – Work doesn’t simply end at developing the App. It needs to be maintained with regular Over the Air updates for customers. Regular maintenance is also required in the form of removing unnecessary cache and cookies from the system. This helps in the smooth functioning of the App.
- US-based developers charge somewhere between $50 to $250 per hour in developing an App. While India based developers offer services at much cheaper rates of $10 to $80 per hour of development time.
- Technical Documentation is somewhere between $1000 to $2000.
- UI/UX Design ranges from $1500 to $3000
- A lot of developers are required that include – Front end and back end developers – Approximately $10000 to $20000 development charges. This will be the bulk of the total cost.
- QA and Testing will range from somewhere between $2000 to $4000.
So on average, the cost for developing a grocery app will be somewhere in the range of $10000 to $30000 going from the basic to the advanced version on a single platform. While on both Android and iOS it might cost up to $50000.
Resources Required for App Development
Generally, a grocery App development company will have/hire the following resources for developing a mobile app for grocery shopping.
- A project manager – who will oversee the entire process from requirement gathering to development to testing to delivery to maintenance.
- Mix of Android and iOS grocery app developers – As Android and iOS both are very popular developers for both platforms are very crucial to be hired.
- UI/UX (User Interface/Experience Design) Designers – Aesthetics are a very important part of developing any application. If your app has excellent features but lacks UI then no one would like to use it. It’s important to give the user a smooth experience while using the App for which an appealing UI is a must.
- Quality Assurance Specialists – It’s very important to have a quality check on the apps. It should be at par which the industry benchmark.
- Backend Developer – For server side programming like Java, Python, Ruby.
Grocery App Developers generally takes close to 18-20 weeks for developing an App. Having said that a lot of time and research goes into minor details of creating an app. Target audience and need of the app in the market is one of the major stress points in grocery shopping app development.
The flow of Grocery Mobile App Development
- Understand the Feasibility – This directly translates into translating visualization into actual reality. Post this step there is requirement analysis and initiation phase of development.
- Understand and Analysing the customer needs – This is a crucial part where developers and coders understand what is the actual customer needs and requirements and how they can be automated most efficiently.
- Gathering Technology – HTML, CSS3, PHP form the main base of Grocery Mobile App Development. A proper mix of these technologies is required for grocery shopping app development.
- Actual Development of the App – Models like Waterfall can be used by the grocery app developer for putting across the best app at your disposition.
- Minimizing errors – This step can be effectively carried out by proper testing of the app. Testing can be carried out in phases testing one feature at a time.
- Delivery of the App – After testing and error eradication the app is delivered. It is regularly updated and maintained.
Other important things to be kept in mind while building an App
1. Competitor Analysis – DO competitors also have similar types of Grocery Apps. Are there any additional features that they offer?
2. Development Time frame – When do you finally want to launch or deploy the app on different platforms?
3. Marketing – How are you going to market your app? What the cheapest yet the most effective ways of promoting your app?
4. What are the various web programming languages used for the back end development of the app? Like Objective C or swift programming are used for developing iOS apps and languages like Java and Kotlin are famous for developing apps on the Android platform.
5. What happens when app users don’t have a between – In offline mode apps may require suitable API’s to download the data and store it locally.
Now that we have deep-delved into the idea of Grocery Shopping App Development, in case you want to build your mobile Application for your business, GrocersApp can take you through the process of building one with ease. If you have any query, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org